Borth Coastal Defence Scheme Updates
Work is still progressing well on the Borth Coastal Defence Scheme. The weather has been good and the delivery of rock from Norway on a huge ship is expected to start around March 31st.
Another interesting development is the construction of a temporary causeway that will go out to the Multi-Purpose Reef, and then be removed when the reef is completed.
The weekly updates from the contractors make good reading as they outline the work completed so far, tell you how many people are working on site, explain the delivery of materials lising how much is coming in and where it’s coming from. Last weeks report even mentioned the fact that a porpoise was spotted. It also shows that Groyne 1 has been completed.
The reports also lists the planned activities for the coming week. This weeks list is:
- Continue Groyne 2
- Continue on excavating Breakwater 2 and placing secondary armour.
- Continue working on causeway.
- Receive rock by sea.
- Start shingle works on the beach
Here is a list of links to all the weekly reports so far:
- Report 1 10th – 14th Jan 2011
- Report 2 17th – 21st Jan 2011
- Report 3 24th – 28th Jan 2011
- Report 4 31st – 4th Feb 2011
- Report 5 7th – 11th Feb 2011
- Report 6 14th – 18th Feb 2011
- Report 7 21st – 25th Feb 2011
- Report 8 28th – 4th Mar 2011
- Report 9 7th – 11th Mar 2011
- Report 10 14th – 18th Mar 2011
- Report 11 21st – 25th Mar 2011