Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
OK, as promised in my recent post, here’s the chocolate cheesecake recipe that I made up at the weekend. Needless to say, the fact that I’m sharing it means that it worked and tasted ‘kinda nice’! But I’ll let you be the judge of that, you’ll just have to make one to try it.
150g digestive bisucits
200ml Double Cream
160g Chocolate Philadelphia
Chocolate for decorating
Serves: 8 people
Calories per slice: 470kcal
The Biscuit Base
- Bash the digestives into crumbs. I do it in a mixing bowl with the end of a rolling pin but you can do it in a food processor or in a plastic bag.
- Melt the butter and mix it into the digestive biscuit crumbs to coat them all.
- Press the biscuit mix into the bottom of a lined 23cm cake tin and firm well with the back of a spoon.
The Cheesecake Topping
- Place the cream and sugar into a mixing bowl and whisk well until it goes fairly stiff.
- Beat the chocolate Philadelphia to soften and mix it with half the double cream mixture.
- Beat the normal Philadelphia to soften and mix it with the other half of the double cream mixture.
- Lightly fold the plain and chocolatey topping mixture together to form a marbled effect.
- Spoon the marbled cheesecake topping onto the biscuit base and place in the fridge to set for a couple of hours
- Drag a knife over a bar of chocolate to create some chocolate curls for the top of the cheesecake or grate chocolate over the top of the cheesecake. If you want you can do both as I did.
And that’s it, cut into slices, serve and savour!