With the World Triathlon Championships race fast approaching I wanted to say thanks and give some exposure to the companies, organisations and people who have sponsored and supported me financially.
As you can imagine, training for, get to and competing in a World Championship event in New Zealand is an expensive undertaking. So, shortly after I qualified for Team GB back in May I put out a plea for potential sponsors and donations. I wasn’t sure what the response would be like, especially in the current economic climate, but I’m pleased to report that plenty of people have helped me along the way. So, I want to take this opportunity to say a massive thank-you to all those who have helped – it really is hugely appreciated.
- First off the line were Aberleri Seaside Cottages. The did say that they didn’t necessarily want any advertiseing or exposure from it and they were donating because, and I quote:
“We want to help you out because you’re a decent chap, you’ve helped us out in the past and you deserve it.”
In some ways those sentiments mean more to me than the money did.
- Ceredigion County Council have an ‘International Athletes Fund’ which entitled me to £200 from them – Diolch hefyd i Gyngor Sir Ceredigion.
- Borth Community Council have also pledged £50 towards my race funds, although I’m not quite sure how I get hold of that money yet.
- Geoscience Wales have recently promised to pay my race entry fee.
- Aberystwyth University Sports Centre have helped along the way and the staff there have all been very helpful, supportive and excited about the race too.
- Beet-it have accepted me as one of their ‘Pro performance athletes’ – It’s not a proper sponsorship deal but I do get cheap Beetroot juice which I drink every day. Not only is it delicious but it is supposed to make you go faster!
- My Mum & Dad bought me a pointy hat to make me go faster as well.
- BikeBox Alan gave me a good deal on a Bike box for the trip to New Zealand.
I’m still looking out for a sponsorship deal from a triathlon related business though so if you are interested then please get in touch.
Plenty of individuals, mainly clients and/or friends have donated too:
- Jan & Tony,
- Punch Maughan,
- Bill Fitches,
- Willis Marrow,
- Pat McClure,
- Peter Dewland
- Darren Smith
It’s not too late to join them. If you want to then you know what to do. Just use the donate button below.
THANK YOU EVERYONE
I’ll do my best to make the most of this opportunity and do Team GB proud!