Ticking Over

Well, it’s been two weeks since my heart attack and things have been ticking over slowly. Not much has been happening really, hence the lack of blog posts.

As far as I’m concerned I’m not allowed to do much so Anna has been looking after me. I am able to go for easy walks. We’ve been going out for walks of up to around 2 miles each day. As well as the local loops from home we’ve been to Cors Fochno Nature Reserve and for a walk around the River Leri in Borth. It’s all easy and doesn’t get me out of breathe or raise my heart rate much. Apparently that’s all I can do for now. I think Anna is enjoying getting out with me as well – at least she can keep up with me at the moment.

Out for a Walk
Out for a Walk

Cardiac Rehab

I’ve had a phone call from the Cardiac Rehab team and will be starting their supervised exercise program in August. I’d like to do a proper ECG stress test at some point too, and get some advice and guidance from an exercise cardiologist. I’ll find out what they can offer me.

Other than walks, I’ve been spending quite a bit of time on the sofa. I did find a couple of Lego models in Morgans room, one of which kept me occupied for a short period of time.

Lego Model
Lego Model


The bees have been up to no good while I’ve had my back turned. There was a swarm while I was in hospital. No one was able to catch it so it got away. There was another swarm yesterday that seems to be evading capture too. For some reason this morning, half of it was sat outside a nuc box that we’d put them in and half of it was on the gravel in the garden. I have no idea what they are up to and can’t do much about them myself so I’ll just have to leave them to it. Silly bees! They have since migrated to the Oak Tree.


On the plus side, the robots have been keeping the lawns looking nice without me having to mow them. The rest of the garden is growing well too. I can’t do much to it yet so that will have to be left to it’s own devices as well. Anna has been out watering things and Morgan has been topping up the water feature for me though. It’s looking lovely out there at the moment but it won’t be long before it looks a little overgrown.

Anna has been busy looking after me as well as everything else. She’s been keeping Morgan in check and trying to sort out various bits of paperwork and admin. There’s more to do than you might think after having a heart attack! She’s been working on and off too and of course doing all the cooking, cleaning and housework as I’m not allowed to! I’m sure I’ll be able to help her soon.

More more more…

I am of course dying to do more. The fact that I still have some ongoing chest pain is probably a good thing. It’s a constant reminder and does mean that I’m less inclined to do more than I should. Hopefully that will fade in time and I’ll be able to get back to my usual ways. I think it’s getting slightly better day by day.

I’ve even been following the advice of the rehab team with daily relaxation sessions. I’ve been doing my best to avoid stress too. I don’t think I’m quite as relaxed as the cat yet though.

It’s all still a bit of a shock of course. I have no idea how things will be long term. It’ll be nice to make some plans and have a route map back to fitness. However, for now it’s one day at a time as I live in some sort of limbo waiting for things to heal. Hopefully there will be more to blog about soon – it might not be posts about my usual adventures but we will start doing more as soon as I can.

1 Response

  1. Avatar forComment Author Mum x says:

    Its only been three weeks Al …..It may seem longer to you but its three weeks ago today , so very very early days. Keep being good and do as you are told ,lol that will be in its self stressful. You’ll get there I’m sure .
    Hope to see you next week all being well .

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Avatar forComment Author

Alan Cole

Alan is a Freelance Website Designer, Sports & Exercise Science Lab Technician and full time Dad & husband with far too many hobbies: Triathlete, Swimming, Cycling, Running, MTBing, Surfing, Windsurfing, SUPing, Gardening, Photography.... The list goes on.