Have Gadgets – Will Travel
I can’t quite believe the number of gadgets we have packed ready for our trip to New Zealand:
- Garmin Forerunner 910XT GPS watch and Heart Rate monitor for training with.
- Camera – Canon EOS 450D complete with extra battery pack, 3 lenses and various bits and pieces
- Camera – Pentax Optio W60 – Little waterproof compact camera
- SD Cards – 4x 8GB cards
- Apple iPad – Loaded up with various podcasts, audiobooks, TV episodes on BBC iPlayer, magazines, games, travel apps, travel and race information and geocaching details, but still with plenty of space for backing up photos to.
- iPad Camera Connection Kit – To allow me to transfer photos from SD cards to my iPad
- Apple iPod Nano – Loaded with podcasts and audiobooks
- Apple iPod Touch – This is Morgan’s so it is loaded with suitable podcasts, TV programmes, games and audiobooks.
- Amazon Kindle – Loaded with books for Anna
- Mobile phones – We’re not really into phones so nothing fancy here but we do have to take them with us just in case.
- Philips HF3330 goLITE BLU Energy SAD Light
– We’ve yet to get this working on battery power but we might use in onboard the flight to help us start adjusting to New Zealand time before we get there so as to beat jetlag
I’m sure there’s a few things I’ve missed as well. On top of all of that we obviously have chargers for all of them and various headphones and cables – I’m sure travelling never used to be quite so difficult!
Hopefully it will make things more bearable on the long flights, and will keep us and more importantly Morgan entertained. I suppose it is lighter than carrying an equivalent number of books and magazines and the iPad and iPod have loads of games and videos on them as well. We could play board games all the way there if we wanted, all from one little (not too heavy) device.
I have a couple of nice new Apps for travelling with as well. Most notable of which is Flight+, a really good flight planner and tracker.