Too wet for Gardening
I really need to get out into the garden and start some Spring clearing;
- Dead wood needs cutting back,
- the shrubs and hedges all need a trim,
- moss, grass and weeds need removing from the flower beds,
- the water feature needs a clean and service,
- the beds and borders could do with a fork and spring mulch,
- the fruit bushes need pruning,
- the paths need cleaning,
- I need to dig the compost out of the bins,
- and everything needs a good tidy.
It’s just been far too wet though and remains so at the moment. The botom of the garden is underwater and the rest of it is so sodden that we can’t really walk on it let alone start digging and working on it so it is just going to have to stay looking a little unkempt for a while longer.
At least there are some signs of Spring with crocuses and snowdrops in flower and plenty of fresh spring foliage on the way. Lets just hope it dries up a little soon so that I can make it look nice allowing us to admire the Spring flowers while they last.