It was the first weekend of the half term holidays and Morgan announced that he wanted to do some baking and who am I to argue with him.
I left it all up to him and he decided on a recipe for Moon Rocks. We made some moon rocks with dried cherries in, asteroids with hundreds and thousands in and Mars Rocks with red food colouring. Morgan weighed everything out and then got his hands in to mix to form the moon rocks. 15 minutes in the oven and they were readyâ€¦..and very tasty.
Moon Rocks Recipe
- 250g self-raising flour
- 90g soft brown sugar
- 90g butter
- 125g raisins
- ½ teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 egg
- Rub butter and flour between your fingers until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Mix the sugar, rasins and spice into the butter and flour mixture
- Beat the egg and add it to the mixture and mix everything together with a fork
- Squeeze the mixture into a ball
- Form rocky heaps from the mixture (8-12 from this recipe) and place them on a greased tray
- Cook in a pre-heated oven and 200°C (400°F) for about 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool and then eat them up!